[Python-Dev] PEP 461: Adding % formatting to bytes and bytearray -- Final, Take 2

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Mon Feb 24 00:29:02 CET 2014

On 2/23/2014 2:25 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 14:14:55 -0800
> Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
>> On 2/23/2014 1:37 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>>> And you certainly*don't*  print debugging output into a wire protocol.
>> Web server applications do, so they can be displayed in the browser.
> They may embed debugging information into some HTML code, which then
> will be sent over the wire. However, usually they don't print debugging
> output directly into HTTP.

The HTML is sent over the wire via HTTP... that's pretty directly in the
wire protocol... the HTTP headers are immediately followed by the HTML,
and when the document is being generated on the fly, it may also be
being encoded on the fly. I've seen it done, although I can't confirm or
deny the "usually" claim you have made.