[Python-Dev] Start writing inlines rather than macros?

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Feb 27 14:06:45 CET 2014

well, requiring C99 is another discussion which I'm not so keen on instigating :)
As you point out, most of our target platforms probably do support inline
already.  My question is more of the nature: What about those that don't support
inline, is there any harm in defaulting to "static" in that case and leave the inlining
to the optimizer on those platforms?