[Python-Dev] 2.x vs 3.x survey results

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 05:48:40 CET 2014

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 8:20 PM, John Yeuk Hon Wong
<gokoproject at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it helps Luca and many others (including myself) if there is a
> reference of the difference between 2.7 and Python 3.3+.
> There are PEPs and books, but is there any such long list of references?
>
> If not, should we start investing in one? I know the basic one such as
> xrange and range, items vs iteritems, izip vs zip that sort of uniform
> syntax/library inclusion difference.
>
> If there is such reference available?

This isn't comprehensive, but it does cover the issues I ran into
while writing a backup program (of about 7,000 lines) that runs on 2.x
and 3.x, unmodified:

http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~dstromberg/Intro-to-Python/

Specifically, I mean the "Writing code to run on Python 2.x and 3.x" document.