[Python-Dev] Proposed: The Great Argument Clinic Conversion Derby

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 22:49:21 CET 2014

It looks interesting enough.  I volunteer to convert at least the
audioop, grp, operator, pwd, spw, sre, struct, tkinter modules (audioop
already converted, tkinter in progress). If no one will get them, I
perhaps will convert the builtins, sys, itertools, functools modules and
str, bytes, bytearray, int objects.

But I very much upset by the fact that the generated code is written
mixed with written manually. It is difficult to navigate (list of
symbols now contains three times more names), makes it difficult to read
and provokes error (editing the generated code). It would be better if
the generated code was written in separate files.