[Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0b2

Bob Hanson d2mp1a9 at newsguy.com
Mon Jan 6 03:43:15 CET 2014

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 20:09:23 -0600, Tim Peters wrote:

> As Benjamin asked, could you please flesh out what
> "blah-blah-blah-dot-com" means - what, exactly, was the site your
> firewall warned you about?

Forgive me, but I'm an old man with very poor vision. Using my
magnifying glass, I see it is two very long URLs ending with
something like after the blah-blah: < ... akametechnology.com>

More precisely, these two IP addresses:
    23.59.190.113:80
    23.59.190.106:80

> My firewall didn't complain when I installed 3.4.0b2 on Windows.

I don't use the Windows firewall, and I have mine sent to block
all apps connecting in or out unless I make specific rules for
them. I have never authorized C:/Windows/System32/msiexec.exe to
connect in or out (and it didn't ;-) ).

Bob Hanson