[Python-Dev] Python 2.7 root buildbot showing errors

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 09:22:30 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Christian Heimes <christian at python.org> wrote:
> On 06.01.2014 08:09, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>
>> Then further down, several SSL tests attempt:
>>
>> s.connect_ex(("svn.python.org", 444)))
>>
>> and get back EAGAIN when they're expecting ECONNREFUSED. Possibly my
>> firewall's delaying things somewhat and it's timing out with a signal;
>> when I try manually, the connection times out.
>
> Are you running the VM on Windows? I've seen similar issues on Windows and
> Windows as host platform for VMs:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue19919

No, it's Debian Wheezy inside Debian Wheezy; though the outer system
is a somewhat messy one (I installed Wheezy before it was stable, and
compiled my own ALSA drivers and a few other things).

But it could well be that same issue, as it seems to involve NAT.
What's the policy on backporting patches to tests onto 2.7?

ChrisA