[Python-Dev] The desired behaviour for resolve() when the path doesn't exist

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 21:45:54 CET 2014

07.01.14 22:28, Antoine Pitrou написав(ла):
>> So perhaps two main modes should be --canonicalize (default) and
>> --canonicalize-missing (with missing=True)?
>
> That sounds reasonable. And I think strict should be the default.

--canonicalize is not strict. --canonicalize-existing is most strict and
--canonicalize-missing is least strict. When you have a function which
have non-strict behavior (--canonicalize), you can implement a wrapper
with strict behavior (--canonicalize-existing), but not vice verse.