[Python-Dev] RFC: PEP 460: Add bytes % args and bytes.format(args) to Python 3.5

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 08:45:52 CET 2014

On 07/01/2014 22:11, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>> I think we should be willing to entertain breaking feature freeze for getting
>> this in Python 3.4.
>
> Maybe you could revert 3.4 to alpha status and give it a cycle or two
> there to get this done before returning to beta status.
>
> Skip

When I first saw the suggestion from Georg I had visions of men in white
coats gragging him off :)  Having giving the idea more thought I think
there's any opportunity here and now to make a very profound long term
impact for Python 3.  Skip's idea seems to me a clean way to do this.
Short term pain, long term gain?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence