[Python-Dev] Python3 "complexity"

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Jan 9 06:34:14 CET 2014

Ben Finney writes:

 > That's a much better analogy. The customer may not care, but the
 > question is essential and must be answered; if the supplier guesses what
 > the customer wants, they are doing the customer a disservice.

It is a much better analogy for me on my desktop, and for programmers
working for global enterprises, too.  It is not for Kristján, nor for
many other American, European, and yes, even Australian programmers.

You're making the same kind of mistake he is (although I personally
benefit from your mistake, and have suffered for decades from his :-).

Diff'rent folks, diff'rent strokes.  It would be nice if we could
serve both use cases *by default*.  We haven't found the way yet,
that's all.