[Python-Dev] Test failures when running as root

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 04:14:03 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> And secondly, how can I run the tests manually? I can't find a binary
> inside the buildarea tree. Does it get deleted afterward?

Yes, that's the 'clean' step of the buildbot build process.  I'd
suggest making another clone elsewhere (you can clone from the
buildarea just to make the clone faster, but I'd leave the buildarea
alone otherwise), then building and testing should be as simple as
`./configure --with-pydebug && make && ./python -m test.test_posix`.

As far as the failure itself, I have no comment.

> Apologies if these are dumb questions, hopefully they're a small
> distraction from PEP 460 arguments!

It's kinda nice to get something non-PEP460 in the inbox this week :)

--
Zach