[Python-Dev] Test failures when running as root

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 04:18:44 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

>> ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence
>

> try:
>
>   g = max(self.saved_groups) + 1
> except ValueError:
>   g = 1
>

> Unless someone says that it is a bug for posix.getgroups to return an empty
> list, I would say that the test should be fixed by trying the code above.

I can't see anything in the getgroups man page [1] to suggest that
it's a bug to return an empty list. But I can't replicate the
behaviour either - not on the system Python, at least (2.7.3), hence
the query about rerunning tests.

Will raise an issue on the tracker.

[1] eg http://linux.die.net/man/2/getgroups

ChrisA