[Python-Dev] PEP 461 - Adding % and {} formatting to bytes

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Tue Jan 14 22:11:45 CET 2014

On 01/14/2014 01:05 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
>
>> This PEP goes a but further than PEP 460 does, and hopefully spells
>> things out in enough detail so there is no confusion as to what is
>>  meant.
>
> Are we going down the PEP route with the various ideas? Guido, do
>  you want one from me as well or should I not bother?

While I can't answer for Guido, I will say I authored this PEP because Antoine didn't want 460 to be any more liberal
than it already was.

If you collect your ideas together, I'll add them to 461 as questions or discussions or however is appropriate (assuming
you're willing to go that route).

--
~Ethan~