[Python-Dev] Changing Clinic's output

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 10:52:02 CET 2014

15.01.14 00:24, Larry Hastings написав(ла):
> But there's one important caveat to the above.  As I recall, Guido has
> stated that he hates storing generated code in separate files. He has
> yet to rescind or weaken that pronouncement.  Until such time as he
> does, the "side file" approach is off the table.  I implemented it in
> the prototype purely for the purpose of fostering debate, so the "side
> file" proponents can try to convince him that it's necessary or that
> it's not so bad.  But it's not going in without Guido's approval.  As
> you yourself say--"Python is Guido's language, he just lets us use it."

Yes, we know. The conviction of Guido is the purpose of this topic. I
hope that his silence is a good sign. Perhaps he doubts and weighs
arguments.

Personally, I believe that if we don't change Argument Clinic output
now, we will have to do it in 3.5 or 4.0, when many people work with the
code, but at the cost of history cluttering, what I want to avoid.