[Python-Dev] python code in argument clinic annotations

Yury Selivanov yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:15:42 CET 2014

The whole discussion of whether clinic should write its output
right in the source file (buffered or not), or in a separate sidefile,
started because we currently cannot run the clinic during the build
process, since it’s written in python.

But what if, at some point, someone implements the Tools/clinic.py in
pure C, so that integrating it directly in the build process will be
possible?  In this case, the question is — should we use python code
in the argument clinic DSL?

If we keep it strictly declarative, then, at least, we’ll have this
possibility in the future.

--
Yury Selivanov