[Python-Dev] AC Derby and accepting None for optional positional arguments

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Fri Jan 17 01:01:18 CET 2014

On 01/16/2014 01:08 PM, Ryan Smith-Roberts wrote:
> There are two classes of builtins whose signatures do not have these
> properties. The first is those with very weird signatures, like
> curses.window.addstr(). It's fine that those don't get converted,
> they're hopeless.

Speaking as the father of Argument Clinic, I disagree.  My goal with
Clinic is to convert every function in CPython whose semantics can be
expressed with a PyArg_ parsing function.

For example, curses.window.addstr could be converted just fine.  Its
signature is exactly the same as curses.window.addch which has already
been converted.

socket.sendto eludes me for now--but I haven't given up yet.

Don't give up hope,

//arry/