[Python-Dev] .clinic.c vs .c.clinic

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 10:06:56 CET 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. I'm not use any IDE, but if you use, it can be important for you. If IDE
> shows sources tree, unlikely you want to see generated *.clinic.c files in
> them. This will increase the list of sources almost twice.

A point for the contrary side: In any editor or IDE with syntax
highlighting, a .clinic.c file will be highlighted as C code, but it
would take extra configuration to handle a .clinic file that way. But
that's a relatively minor consideration (AIUI most people won't be
looking at the .clinic files much, and for those who do, configure the
editor appropriately).

ChrisA