[Python-Dev] .clinic.c vs .c.clinic

Steve Dower Steve.Dower at microsoft.com
Sun Jan 19 01:44:08 CET 2014

Visual Studio will try to compile them if they end with .c, though this can be disabled on a per-file basis in the project file. Files ending in .h won't be compiled, though changes should be detected and cause the .c files that include them to be recompiled.

.inl is also sometimes used as an extension for this purpose. I don't recall whether VS will add file associations for this type.

Cheers,
Steve

Top-posted from my Windows Phone