[Python-Dev] str.rreplace

Ram Rachum ram at rachum.com
Fri Jan 24 18:19:26 CET 2014

Hmm, on one hand I understand the need for the separation between
python-dev and python-list, but on the other hand I don't think python-list
is a good place to discuss Python, the language.

I now looked at the 17 most recent python-list threads. Out of them:

 - 58% are about third-party packages.
 - 17% are off-topic (not even programming related)
 - 11% are 2-vs-3 discussions
 - 5% are job offers.
 - 5% (which is just one thread out of 17) is about Python the language.

So can you understand why someone would be reluctant to start a discussion
in python-list about Python the language there? Especially if this is the
same place where beginners might ask newbies questions about Python? (So
not only are actual Python questions just 5% of the content, non-newbie
questions are just a subset of that 5%.)

it's full of people asking about third-party Python packages, or asking
newbie questions.