[Python-Dev] str.rreplace

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Jan 24 18:41:11 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Ram Rachum <ram at rachum.com> wrote:

> I knew it didn't exist by that name, but couldn't know whether there was
> another function that did the same thing or technique to make it not needed.
>
> So I couldn't know whether it's new or not, therefore I couldn't know
> whether it should be on python-ideas or not.

So then you were simply wondering about its existence, for which you should
go to python-list or python-ideas first. Python-ideas exists *explicitly*
as a filter for this kind of question which is why people are saying it
should have gone there first (or to python-list).

If you have any doubt as to whether a question should go here or not, then
err on the side of caution and post to python-ideas or python-list first.

-Brett