[Python-Dev] Negative times behaviour in itertools.repeat for Python maintenance releases (2.7, 3.3 and maybe 3.4)

Vajrasky Kok sky.kok at speaklikeaking.com
Mon Jan 27 05:21:19 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> That is, I'm OK with either not backporting anything at all, or
> backporting the full change. The only idea I object to is the one of
> removing the infinite iteration capability without providing a
> replacement spelling for it.

Is repeat('a') (omitting times argument) not a replacement spelling for it?

What about this alternative? Makes -1 consistently mean unlimited
repetition and other negative numbers consistently mean zero
repetitions then document this behaviour. Just throwing suggestion. I
am not so keen to it, though.