[Python-Dev] version numbers mismatched in google search results.

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Thu Jan 30 19:11:48 CET 2014

I also get search results with Python 1.5.0p2 showing up.

Search for PyArg_ParseTuple. The first result is a URL with /2/ in it who's
search result title says "3.3.3" but opening it is the correct 2.x
documentation. The second result is the ancient Python 1.5.0 docs. ;)

Should the ancient /release/ docs have redirects setup or be somehow marked
as no crawl?  http://docs.python.org/release/1.5.2p2/ext/parseTuple.html is
the humorous result in this case.

"I want to know how the API I'm using behaved 15 years ago!", said no one
ever.

-gps