[Python-Dev] PEP 3121, 384 Refactoring Issues

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Jul 10 21:59:37 CEST 2014

[for those that don't know, 3121 is extension module inti/finalization and
384 is the stable ABI]

On Thu Jul 10 2014 at 3:47:03 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> I'm just curious as to why there are 54 open issues after both of these
> PEPs have been accepted and 384 is listed as finished.  Did we hit some
> unforeseen technical problem which stalled development?

No, the PEPs were fine and were accepted properly. A huge portion of the
open issues are from Robin Schreiber who as part of GSoC 2012 --
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2012/robin_hood/5668600916475904
-- went through and updated the stdlib to follow the new practices
introduced in the two PEPs. Not sure if there was some policy decision made
that updating the code wasn't worth it or people simply didn't get around
to applying the patches.

-Brett