[Python-Dev] Tracker Stats

Ezio Melotti ezio.melotti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 03:50:53 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM, francis <francismb at email.de> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I added a new "stats" page to the bug tracker:
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue?@template=stats
>
> Thanks Ezio,
>
> Two questions:
> how hard would be to add (or enhance) a chart with the
> “open issues type enhancement” and “open issues type bug”
> info ?

Not particularly hard, but I won't have time to get back to this
project for a while (contributions are welcomed though!).

> In the summaries there is a link to “Issues with patch”,
> means that the ones not listed there are in “needs patch”
> or “new” status?

That summary lists all the issues with the "patch" keyword, and the
ones not listed simply don't have it.
The keyword is added automatically whenever an attachment is added to
the issue, so there might be false positives (e.g. if the attachment
is a script to reproduce the issue rather than a patch, or if the
available patches are outdated). The might also be issues with patches
that are not included in the summary (e.g. if someone accidentally
removed the keyword), but that shouldn't be very common.

>From the first graph you can see that out of the 4500+ open issues,
about 2000 have a patch.
We need more reviewers and committers :)

Best Regards,
Ezio Melotti