[Python-Dev] Tracker Stats

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Jun 24 20:58:09 CEST 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:43:41 +0200, francis <francismb at email.de> wrote:
> On 06/24/2014 03:50 AM, Ezio Melotti wrote:
> >>From the first graph you can see that out of the 4500+ open issues,
> > about 2000 have a patch.
> One would like to start with the ones that are bugs ;-) and see some
> status line trying to drop to 0 (is that possible :-) ?)
>
> > We need more reviewers and committers :)
> more patch writers: yes,
> more patch reviewers: yes,

Anyone can review patches, in case that isn't clear.

> more committers: ?? automate!! :-)

That's a goal of the python-workflow interest group.  Unfortunately
between billable work and GSOC mentoring I haven't had time to do much
there lately.  Our first goal is to make the review step easier to manage
(know which patches really need review, be able to list patches where
community review is thought to be complete) by improving the tracker,
then we'll look at creating the patch gating system Nick has talked
about previously.  Still needs a committer to approve the patch, but it
should increase the throughput considerably.

In the meantime, something that would help would be if people would do
reviews and say on the issue "I think this is commit ready" and have
the issue moved to 'commit review' stage.  Do that a few times where
people who are already triagers/committers agree with you, and you'll
get triage privileges on the tracker.

--David