[Python-Dev] Cherry-pick between Python 3.4 RC2 and final?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 22:38:36 CET 2014

On 4 Mar 2014 07:32, "Larry Hastings" <larry at hastings.org> wrote:

> On 03/03/2014 05:05 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:

>>> I would like to know if the cherry-picking rule still applies for
>>> Python 3.4 final? Can I open an issue if I want to see a changeset in
>>> the final version?
>>>
>>> Sadly, yes.
>>
>> Ok, I created:
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue20843
>>
>> Why do you say "sadly"? It's up to you to decide if a change can wait
>> Python 3.4.1 or not. Feel free to close my cherry-pick issue as
>> wontfix.
>

> It was intended as gentle comedy.

Related question - have you decided yet whether or not to do an rc3?

I ask, as I believe it would be good to give the folks like Mike Bayer and
Armin Ronacher (who picked up test coverage gaps in rc2 via the Alembic and
Flask test suites respectively) a chance to rerun their tests before we
declare 3.4 final.

Cheers,
Nick.

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/ncoghlan%40gmail.com