[Python-Dev] unittest.TestCase.assert* methods calling TestCase.fail method directly.

Pradyun Gedam pradyunsg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 09:37:36 CET 2014

Hi All,

This is my first time on any mailing list... Please point out any mistakes..

I had a suggestion about the implementation of
unittest.TestCase.assert* methods. They all call failureException
separately. This is also what the unittest.TestCase.fail method does.

Is there any specific reason it is so?

If not, then is there any reason stopping them from calling the
unittest.TestCase.fail method? As then we have one point where all the
tests fail meaning that one can reimplement the unittest.TestCase.fail
method for handling test failures in their own custom way.

Regards,
Pradyun