[Python-Dev] Whats New in 3.4 is pretty much done...

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Mar 11 03:05:52 CET 2014

Well, I think What's New for 3.4 is done.  I've been through all of the
NEWS items from the start of 3.4 through the beta1 release.  I've gone
over the list of changes Serhiy found via the versionadded/versionchanged
in the docs.  (Since he marked some that didn't turn out to be 3.4
changes, I assume he was over-inclusive rather than under-inclusive
and am not going to re-run that particular check myself...thanks
Serhiy for doing it!).

In addition to the items in Serhiy's list that didn't have news entries,
there were a couple of features that were added after Beta1.  So there
might be some other features with missing versionadded/changed tags in
the NEWS sections I didn't go through, but I hope not.  Slightly more
worrisome is the possibility that I'm missing porting notes from the
beta/rc phases.  But, I'm pretty much out of time for this project since
Final is almost upon us.  I'll be making at least one more copy-edit
pass over the document, and may reformat some stuff, but the content is
pretty much set at this point.

If anyone knows of anything that is missing, please let me know about
it.

--David

I track my time as a habit, so for the curious I can tell you with
a fair degree of accuracy how long this little project took: about 73
hours total, starting on 12/20 last year.  Let me tell you, it felt even
longer than that :)