[Python-Dev] undocumented help() function change in Python 3.4?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Mar 11 06:31:52 CET 2014

In article
<CADiSq7eif2yBkwR4NQLxi800CRqZWwVzmS11eNMt0PQnA23cLA at mail.gmail.com>,
> On 11 March 2014 11:29, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
> > The whatsnew updates (including the one for help) weren't copied into
> > rc3.  They will be in final though, unless Larry forgets.
>
> Oh, cool - yes, it will be good to have an up to date What's New
> shipped, especially as part of the compiled Windows docs.

I was going to bring that point up today. How are all the new whatsnew
updates going to get into the 3.4.0 release?  They've, correctly, been
being pushed to the default branch.  But, AFAIK, for them to show up in
the 3.4.0 released docs we ship, all of the doc changes are going to
need to be cherry picked (or a big mass diff from the default branch)
into the 3.4 release branch, otherwise they will not be part of the
release.  (They certainly won't be part of the docs included with the
installers I build unless they are in the 3.4 releasing branch.)

Thank you for all the work you've been putting into the whatsnew doc!

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org