[Python-Dev] Confirming status of new modules in 3.4

Charles-François Natali cf.natali at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 12:51:17 CET 2014

> One part which can be improved is that right now the selectors module
doesn't take advance of e/poll()'s modify() method: instead it just
unregister() and register() the fd every time, which is of course
considerably slower (there's also a TODO in the code about this).
> I guess that can be fixed later in a safely manner.

Sure, it can be "fixed" easily, but I'd like to see the gain of this on a
non-trivial benchmark (I mean a realistic workload, not just calling
modify() in a tight loop).