[Python-Dev] collections.sortedtree

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Wed Mar 26 22:36:02 CET 2014

Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>:

> Actually, the first step is publish it on PyPI, the second is to get a
> fair number of happy users there. The bar for getting something
> included into the stdlib is pretty high -- you need to demonstrate
> that there is a need *and* that having it as a 3rd party module is a
> problem.

I hear you about the process.

About the need part, I'm wondering if you haven't felt it in
implementing the timers for asyncio. I have had that need in several
network programming projects and have ended up using my AVL tree
implementation (C and Python).

Well, time will tell if frequent canceled timers end up piling up the
heap queue.

Marko