[Python-Dev] collections.sortedtree

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Mar 28 08:52:59 CET 2014

Chris Angelico writes:

 > Don't forget, of course, that there is a middle ground. Something
 > that's really REALLY awesome on PyPI but isn't in the stdlib might be
 > packaged by various Linux distros.

Oh, agreed, and any organization that cares that much will already
have the RHEL or Ubuntu LTS (etc, those are the ones my buddies use)
contract.  CPython is not the only certification that is trusted (to
whatever degree) by users of CPython.

But forget Debian and Gentoo at least -- all it takes get in to those
distros is a license (free) and a maintainer (at application time).
And they'll even wink at the license given sufficient user demand.

Steve