[Python-Dev] Negative timedelta strings

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:41:41 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

> (*) As an aside (that is, this belongs in a separate thread if you
> want to discuss it), in my opinion, attempting to support ISO 8601
> formatting is pointless without the presence of an anchor datetime.

I meant ISO 8601 syntax for "durations" [1].

"""
For example, "P3Y6M4DT12H30M5S" represents a duration of "three years, six
months, four days, twelve hours, thirty minutes, and five seconds".
"""

And if you have to ask - no I don't want to see this anywhere near Python
stdlib. :-)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Durations