[Python-Dev] Status of PEP 3145 - Asynchronous I/O for subprocess.popen

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Mar 29 09:38:18 CET 2014

> To be clear, the proposal for Idle would be to still use the RPC
> protocol, but run it over a pipe instead of a socket, right?

The was and is the current proposal, assuming that it is the easiest
thing to do that would work. While responding to Victor, it occurred to
me as a speculative idea that once pipes were working, it *might* be
possible to implement the protocol as class methods, and let user code
go directly to the interpreter. I would ask what you thought before
seriously working on the idea.

--
Terry Jan Reedy