[Python-Dev] pip: cdecimal an externally hosted file and may be unreliable [sic]

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu May 8 15:39:53 CEST 2014

Well, to be fair and leaving aside uptime concerns and the general
desire to always install packages from some server instead of
a safe and trusted local directory (probably too obvious ;-),
it would certainly be possible to add support for
trusted externally hosted packages.

However, for some reason there's a strong resistance against
doing this, which I frankly don't understand.

I agree with Stefan that the warning message wording is less
than ideal. You'd normally call such blanket statements FUD,
esp. since there are plenty external hosting services which
are reliable and safe to use.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 08 2014)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/