[Python-Dev] Tix version needed to build 2.7 Windows installer?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 8 21:36:22 CEST 2014

Am 08.05.14 18:59, schrieb Brian Curtin:
> This is mostly a question for Martin, but perhaps someone else would also know.
>
> I'm trying to build the 2.7 installers so I can backport the path
> option from 3.3, but I can't seem to figure out which version of Tix
> is necessary to have a complete build. So far any of them on
> http://svn.python.org/projects/external don't appear to be configured
> to work with the combination of tcl and tk that are used on 2.7, per
> the buildbot external scripts. It's another issue that Tix isn't even
> downloaded by the scripts, but I'll do it manually right now just to
> get this going.
>
> Any tips?

Ah, 2.7. I was using a checkout of tix-8.4.3.x from Nov 13, 2010, one
where python.mak was pointing to Tcl 8.5.2. It may not have been tagged.

In 2.7, it wasn't checked out out automatically because Tix requires the
original Tcl/Tk path names, so building it automatically would have failed.

Regards,
Martin