[Python-Dev] Where is our official policy of what platforms we do support?

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Thu May 15 16:35:07 CEST 2014

On Thu May 15 2014 at 10:24:45 AM, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net>
> wrote:
> > We already have such buildbots, they are in the "unstable" category.
> > You can browse through existing buildbots here:
> > https://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/
>
> I can't see how to distinguish "stable" from "unstable" (or to view
> just the "unstable" category.

Take
http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=3.x.stable&category=3.x.unstableand
remove the category GET argument that you  don't want to see, e.g. to
only see unstable buildbots use
http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=3.x.unstable

> What do those two categories have to do
> with "supported" and "unsupported"?

Antoine can give the definitive answer, but I view stable buildbots as
staying up and testing critical platforms. I.e. when I submit a patch I
make sure the stable buildbots are always green (unless it's a transient
failure) and I don't worry about the unstable ones (I view them as more
informative than necessary). Basically red stable buildbot should block a
release.

-Brett