[Python-Dev] Merge conflicts from unmerged 3.4 commits, what do I do?

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at gmail.com
Mon May 19 07:31:10 CEST 2014

On May 19, 2014, at 5:52 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> I stopped at this point and ran diskcheck. I then looked at the DAG and noticed 5 previous 3.4 patches that were not merged into 3.5: rev 90750 and 90751, Larry Hastings, 2 weeks ago!, rev
> 90752 and 90753 by Larry a day ago, and 90755 by Raymond Hettinger 8 hours ago. From earliest to lastest:
>
> c67a19e11a71
> 7c5f1b200a24
> 35ea333f43bd
> 31211947387b
> 854fd6eeee2f
>
> If there was any notice on the Committer's list about not making commits, I did not get it. In fact, I do not remember getting anything on that list for at about a month. Besides that, I had no problem 3 days ago, and noticed the commit by Raymond, though not the absence of a merge.
>
> In any case, what do I do now, short of deleting and re-cloning, so I do not make anything worse?

I bumped into this a few hours ago (a bunch of uncommitted 3.4 merges, all with conflicts).

To get my repo back into a usable state, I ran "hg update --clean" and am waiting for Larry to do his cleans-up. Once his are in, I'll merge my last 3.4 commit (which should be easy since it has no conflicts).

Raymond