[Python-Dev] Who's using VS/Windows to work on Python?

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:01:49 CET 2014

Steve Dower <Steve.Dower at microsoft.com> writes:

> Also, who currently owns the Windows buildbots and are you
> willing/able to add a VS 2015 Preview installation (or give me
> access so I can do it)?  (...)

I've got several of the Windows buildbots, and could add this.  Is there
benefit to just starting with one (I've got XP, Win7 and Win8) first to
save some time?

My only real concern is to verify that this will co-exist properly with
the existing VS installations and buildbot build process.  I note that
the download page says not to use on production computers.  That's
probably just a CYA, and I don't mind if VS itself has issues, but if it
risks compromising other aspects of the buildbot, then I think testing
on a different machine would be preferred.

Is anything aside from VS 2015 itself (e.g., the Ultimate 2015 download
on the preview page) needed?  I'm assuming not.

-- David