[Python-Dev] Move selected documentation repos to PSF BitBucket account?

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 20:51:53 CET 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> On 11/23/2014 10:14 AM, Brett Cannon wrote:
> > On Sun Nov 23 2014 at 1:08:58 PM Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dous GitHub support hg?  If not, I am strongly opposed.
> >>

> > Depends on what you mean by "support". If you mean natively, then no. If
> > you mean "I want more of a hg CLI" then you can get that with
> > http://hg-git.github.io/ .
>
> Well, if somebody documents it, I suppose I can follow along.  ;).

I haven't used it in a while, but it was something like this (after it's
installed):

- Put the git repo url in .hgrc:

[paths]
default=git+https://github.com/my_user/my_repo.git

[auth]
github.prefix = git+https://github.com/my_user/my_repo.git
github.username = my_user
github.password = my_password

Unless you put the login info there, it won't work (for some reason).

Then, whenever you're going to push, first do:

hg bookmark -r default master

I'd love to test this right now, but I'm on Chrome OS...

> > And can I just say this is all bringing back "wonderful" flashbacks of
> the
> > SourceForge to our own infrastructure move as well as the svn to hg
> move. =/
>
> My apologies.  Change can be hard.
>
> My concern is that we will end up with multiple different workflows
> depending on which part of Python we're working on,
> which will lead to more time spent learning more about how to do it
> instead of doing it, and more time spent recovering
> from errors because of the differences.
>
> --
> ~Ethan~

Ryan
If anybody ever asks me why I prefer C++ to C, my answer will be simple:
"It's becauseslejfp23(@#Q*(E*EIdc-SEGFAULT. Wait, I don't think that was
nul-terminated."
Personal reality distortion fields are immune to contradictory evidence. -
srean
Check out my website: http://kirbyfan64.github.io/