[Python-Dev] Move selected documentation repos to PSF BitBucket account?

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Mon Nov 24 01:39:30 CET 2014

> On Nov 23, 2014, at 6:57 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 08:55:50AM -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
>> But I strongly believe that if we want to do the right thing for the
>> long term, we should switch to GitHub.
>
> Encouraging a software, or social, monopoly is never the right thing for
> the long term.
>
> http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/201405/github_monoculture.html

I don’t think this is really all that big of a deal. If we want to move
off of Github doing so is easy. There are lots of (not nearly as good as
but probably still better than what we have now) OSS software that gives
you a github like flow. The only *data* that is really in there is what’s
stored in the repository itself (since I don’t think for anything major
we’d ever put issues there or use the wiki) which is trivial to move around.

---
Donald Stufft