[Python-Dev] PCBuild project updates

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Nov 25 07:09:43 CET 2014

On 22/11/2014 22:10, Steve Dower wrote:
> Just attracting some attention to http://bugs.python.org/issue22919
> for those of us who build Python out of the PCBuild folder. More
> details/patches there, but the tl;dr is
>
> * Still works with VS 2010 (and now VS 2013 and VS 2015 too) * Build
> time should be reduced * Tools\buildbot\*.bat are also updated, so
> buildbots shouldn't notice any change
>
> If you're concerned/interested, I'll be watching the tracker for
> comments. Ideally I'd like at least a couple of people to test build
> with whatever VS version they have, but if nobody can do that then
> I'll assume that nobody will notice anything break sooner than me :)

I'm trying to find the time to look, but every time I go there, there's
a newer review and a later update :) I view this as a good sign.

My VS-fu is minimal but I'll try to pull and build against VS2010 which
is all I have installed. As an overview point, though, I think it's
great to have a good spring-cleaning of our Win-based setup, so thanks
anyway.

TJG