[Python-Dev] PEP 479 and asyncio

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 23:09:20 CET 2014

> I don't see how it would work.

If it cannot be fixed, would it make sense to allow trollius to
continue to work as it currently works with something like "from
__past__ import generator_dont_stop"?

When I talked with a friend about the transition from Python 2 to
Python 3, he asked me why there was not "from __past__ import
division". He wants to add this to his code to not have to worry that
a division may fail "somewhere" in his code.

Maybe it would ease upgrades to newer versions of Python if we
consider keeping the old behaviour for people who don't have time to
port their old code (for no immediate benefit), but need to upgrade
because newer OS only provide newer version of Python.

(What is the cost of keeping the old behaviour: maintain the code and
runtime overhead?)

Victor