[Python-Dev] PEP 481 - Migrate Some Supporting Repositories to Git and Github

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sun Nov 30 08:08:08 CET 2014

On 11/29/2014 04:37 PM, Donald Stufft wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2014, at 7:15 PM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Despite being a regular hg
>> user for years, I have no idea how to create a local-only branch, or a branch
>> which is pushed to a remote (to use the git term).
> I also don’t know how to do this.

Instead of collectively scratching your heads, could one of you guys do
the research and figure out whether or not hg supports this workflow?
One of the following two things must be true:

 1. hg supports this workflow (or a reasonable fascimile), which may
    lessen the need for this PEP.
 2. hg doesn't support this workflow, which may strengthen the need for
    this PEP.

Saying "I've been using hg for years and I don't know whether it
supports this IMPORTANT THING" is not a particularly compelling argument.

//arry/