[Python-Dev] Sad status of Python 3.x buildbots

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Fri Oct 10 17:45:50 CEST 2014

On 03/09/14 02:37, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> I'm not sure that's an answer to the problem. What we need is not more
> machines, but dedicated buildbot maintainers.

I would love to get an email if my buildbots are consistently RED for a
few hours.

In the past Antoine, Victor and others pinged me about issues in my
buildbots (OpenIndiana). I feel shame and I think it is not very
productive either.

If red state in the buildbots were really trustable, the committer of
that changelog should be bugged too. Since we have quite a few false
positives, that would be probably annoying and no productive. Decreasing
false positives should be a priority.

In my case another issue is that my buildbots are hosted as a Solaris
ZONE inside a OpenIndiana development machine I don't manage. Their own
usage varies and can impact buildbots resource limits like memory, swap
space, etc.

Thanks for your patience and for notifying me issues when you suffer them.

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/     _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/