[Python-Dev] Sad status of Python 3.x buildbots

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Oct 10 18:16:10 CEST 2014

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:08:54 -0400
"R. David Murray" <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:00:06 +0200, Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> wrote:
> > On 10/10/14 17:56, Chris Angelico wrote:
> > > Could I write a little
> > > monitor at my end that asks every hour if my buildbots can be seen?
> >
> > AFAIK maintainers already get an email if the buildbot vanishes long
> > enough. I am more interested in getting an email when my buildbot is
> > consistently red because somebody committed something it doesn't like
> > two months ago...
>
> I think they are supposed to, but I've never gotten one, not even when
> my gentoo buildbots suffered a hardware failure.

As far as I remember it's a relaying problem on the SMTP server.
Perhaps Benjamin can confirm.

> That said, there has never as far as I know been an active hook to email
> the maintainer when the buildbot is red.  I don't know if buildbot
> supports that or not, so that would be the first thing to check.

I don't know if it would support e-mailing the maintainer rather than
whoever committed the last changes.
Besides, I'm afraid our test suite isn't stable enough for such e-mail
notifications to be bearable...

Regards

Antoine.