[Python-Dev] Disabling SSL 3.0

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 01:16:26 CEST 2014

Hi,

I opened an issue to track this vulnerability:
http://bugs.python.org/issue22638

SSL 3.0 is 8 years old, I guess that TLS is now widely deployed and
well supported?

I guess that Linux vendors will have to fix the issues directly in
OpenSSL directly. Should Python only be changed on Windows?

Or do you want to modify Python to disable SSLv3 in the ssl module?
OpenSSL provides a SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2 option for SSL context. Is there a
SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3 option? Or only change the constructor of
ssl.SSLContext?

Victor