[Python-Dev] XP buildbot problem cloning from hg.python.org

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 22:44:42 CEST 2014

As another data point, I've tried cloning randomly selected other
repositories from hg.python.org, and smaller repositories (distutils2,
peps, jython to name a few) are all working fine under XP, even though
with jython for example, the clone takes longer in terms of wall time
than I'll often see cpython fail.(*)

A test of what I presumed was a more comparably sized repository
(features/cdecimal) dies like cpython.

-- David

(*) Overall clone time is probably unrelated anyway since the XP
buildbot traditionally needed 10+min for clones in the past (such as
when the new build script changes were in place and every test used a
clone) and was working fine with that.