[Python-Dev] Status of C compilers for Python on Windows

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 00:37:25 CET 2014

On 26 October 2014 23:24, Tony Kelman <kelman at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> I want, and in many places *need*, an all-MinGW stack.

OK, I'm willing to accept that statement. But I don't understand it,
and I don't think you've explained why you *need* your CPython
interpreter to be compiled with mingw (as opposed to a number of other
things you might need around building extensions). You may well "need"
a mingw-compiled CPython because no-one has yet fixed the issues
around using mingw to build extensions for the python.org python
build. But that's my point - I'd rather "they" fixed that issue,
rather than perpetuating your need for a non-standard compiler that
uses extensions no-one else can use.

Paul