[Python-Dev] Sad status of Python 3.x buildbots

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 01:05:18 CEST 2014

On 3 Sep 2014 09:00, "Brian Curtin" <brian at python.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> From a completely different perspective, does anyone have experience
with using BuildBot with OpenStack hosted clients? We may be able to take
advantage of the PSF's new(ish) Rackspace infrastructure to provide more
stable test VMs.

> Is this a Buildbot feature (as in Buildbot master spins up VMs fresh for
a test run, or something), or do you just want to spin up a bunch of VMs,
give access, and we configure them the same as we do today?

The former would be better, but I have no idea if BuildBot supports it
natively. The latter may still help if it replaces resource constrained VMs
(and would also mean the PSF infra team could grant access for
investigations).

Cheers,
Nick.