[Python-Dev] Sad status of Python 3.x buildbots

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Sep 3 02:19:53 CEST 2014

On 03Sep2014 00:13, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
>AMD64 Snow Leop 3.x: many tests are not reliable (stable) on this
>platform. For example, test_logging.test_race() sometimes fail with
>PermissionError(1, "Operation not permitted:
>'/tmp/test_logging-3-bjulw8iz.log'"). Another example,
>test_asyncio.test_stdin_broken_pipe() sometimes fail with an assertion
>error because BrokenPipeError was not raised. Do we still support this
>old version of Mac OS X? Released in 2009, it is 5 years old. Is
>upgrading to Maverick (10.9) free and possible on old Mac computers? I
>don't have access to this old OS.

As a negative data point, my GF runs Snow Leopard by choice and will not
upgrade that machine; we've both got Mavericks laptops and there are major
regressions in the UI and OS behaviour (Apple UI and apps, not Python). I would
imagine she's not alone in resisting change.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Life IS pain, highness...  anyone who tries to tell you different is
trying to sell you something.   - Wesley, The_Princess_Bride